Wednesday, October 10, 2007

blog and writing

Ah joy. Its already 1 o’clock and tomorrow is a half working day. Can not wait for the upcoming looonggg holiday. This is definitely one of those reasons why despite the whining, the horrible big honchos, the rigidity, the silliness and whatnot, am still staying here.

This blog has become the ranting place that maybe I should change it from hum… to rant@#$&^**^@##!!!!!

Am also aware that I use analogies for posts regarding work. Well one can not be more careful. One can’t be too paranoid in the virtual world. Who knows who will read and use it against me. Nyeh.
I read my previous posts in bahasa indonesia and notice that I sound so bloody pretentious if writing in bahasa indonesia. At first I used this blog to exercise my writing skill, but my line of work these days is writing. in english. In formal, academic, journal style english. It was so exhausting, especially because I have to think twice hard to find the correct vocabulary. That’s why I used bahasa indonesia for the several posts. now I guess I have to start using english again since I’ve abandoned my paper for almost two weeks now. ;p

Which comes to the topic of writing.
I think the hardest part of my job is writing. if broken down into the most basic skills, my job consists of lots and lots and lots and lots of reading, then daydreaming and then writing the result of my daydream. These written evidence that I can think is used to prove that my daydreaming is based on sound judgments, not illogical mumbo-jumbo or irrational highs. convincing my younger clients is easy, convicing the gurus? Nyaaahhh……. I don’t mind the reading (fyi, reading a textbook after lots of journal articles sure makes you feel really smart because you suddenly understand what the book is all about. Hehehe….), but connecting dots and writing them down is YUCK!
I can tell you that artists are not the only one who suffers for their art.

No comments: