Tuesday, September 30, 2008

irrelevant & random-1

captured wandering thoughts while am supposed to read & write something else.

I much prefer MY toshiba laptop than the lenovo. However, I have to use lenovo because this is the one 'lend' to me to support my study and I would very much hate to return it in mint condition. Hahahaha *evil laugh*

Fashion designers use skinny models because their clothes look better in them. I think those designers are just lazy and selfish because they have to do extra work to make their design look good on anatomically 'imperfect' women. The true genius would create things that look good on almost any form.

Am a bit sleepy and dizzy, yeah? I have kept a new routine of waking up at 3.30ish in the morning for sahur preparation and (play tumblebugs and afterward) do some work after sahur. So, I've maintained more or less 6 hours of sleep daily. Hope I can keep this up after ramadan is over. I've also been exercising regularly. About 10-15 mins of often interrupted exercises. Its better than nothing at all!!!

Once saw a woman reading the holy koran on a park bench on the beach, just like reading any other book. I wonder why indonesians do it so ceremoniously. I know that ngaji itself, even without knowing what the holy verses mean, is a good thing. However, some people seem to get caught up in the 'holiness' of the act that they forget to really grasp the wisdom and give context to what they read. How about getting over those rituals and start to read them for comprehension?

In walking the path of life, stepping on others' toes sometimes can not be avoided. However, some people seem to enjoy doing it even if it is not necessary. Me? I usually avoid it if possible. You'll never know how big others' toe might be in the future. And sometimes when you think that you step on weaker-meeker toes, you indirectly & unknowingly step on bigger-meaner toes who're more than happy to crush yours. craaaaacccckkkkkkkkssppplllaaatttttt!!!!!!

There are soooo many reality shows, turning regular professions into glamour, making a celebrities out of 'common people'. Zoo keeper, chef, hairdresser, cop, animal rescuer, hotel owner …. But no scientist! Yeah, why not making a reality show about geeky scientist? Their life is not as boring as others thought. Lab life is full of its own ups and downs, and scientists get into their own little drama, sometimes without even have to go to bars/clubs/other hip hang out. How about add a little glamour to this profession? I wonder if there's any scientist who regularly cast their diary on youtube. Hm.

I'm officially addicted to caffeine.
A while back, I didn't take my shot on sahur and end up having a severe headache during the day.
When I heard the saddest news about my aunt, I craved more and more caffeine to drown my sorrow. Drank tea just after I finished a mug of kopi tubruk.
Last weekend, I had coke for my fish n chips because I'm afraid that the park won't have a coffee stall (it has. But I limit my caffeine intake :( )
Caffeine, my saviour.

Happiness is warm sunny day when I can work in the back porch watching neng gudut, birds and jemuran.

No comments: